I know this might seem like a troll post but I am a genuine believer in Christ.
I’m also curious about the stars, and when I look up at night, I can’t help but wonder: are we alone here? Did the Bible say anything about aliens or life on other planets?
Short answer: no. The Bible never directly mentions aliens or life on other planets. It doesn’t rule them out either, though.
I’ve lost more late nights to this rabbit hole than I care to admit. Some folks point to Psalm 19 and the ‘heavens declaring the glory of God,’ but that passage is about creation praising its Creator, not aliens (see this thread).
Deciding the question doesn’t threaten anything. If God made life elsewhere, He’s still God, and Christ’s work for us is still Christ’s work for us.
People have been staring at the stars and asking big questions for as long as we’ve had stars to stare at.
Short answer: no. The Bible doesn’t mention life on other planets. It talks about angels and other heavenly beings, but those are spiritual servants of God.
I used to wonder about Ezekiel’s wheels and whether that could be some spacecraft. Ezekiel says he’s describing a vision of God’s glory, and reading UFO tech into it puts a modern idea on an ancient text. Scripture doesn’t confirm aliens or rule them out. If life were found somewhere else it would raise some interesting theological questions, but the basic claim that God created everything wouldn’t change. I still look at the stars and wonder, though.
The Bible doesn’t mention aliens or life on other planets. I wouldn’t read a modern question into a silence the text never fills.
Psalm 8 has someone staring up at the moon and stars, feeling small, but the question there is why God would bother noticing people at all. The answer Scripture gives is that we’re not forgotten.
I went through a phase of reading Ezekiel’s wheels as a spacecraft too, until a pastor pointed out that the chapter calls it the appearance of the glory of the Lord.
Christ’s work is still Christ’s work no matter what is out there. For a while I worried that finding life somewhere else would unravel my faith, like the whole thing depended on us being cosmically alone. It took me too long to get past that. One inhabited planet or a million, God’s still God.
Good catch on Psalm 19 too. That passage is about creation praising its Creator. Scripture tells us who God is and what He’s done for us.
And it’s comforting that people have been staring up at the stars and wondering about this for as long as there have been stars. Wondering is what creatures made in God’s image do when they look up.